Tuesday, August 18, 2009

home sweet home.




Well, here I am! Home at last, at least for the next 24 hours that is. Let's take a little journey through where I've been the last few months and where I am headed.

Mid-May I found myself at little place some of us like to call, Lost Canyon. May 13th I began a 3 month journey consisting of adventures, late nights, ridiculous high school kids, retail, club room dance parties and incredible friendships. Literally I was blessed enough to spend an entire summer doing what I love to do. Hiking, serving, laughing until we peed our pants(on more than one occasion), adventuring, reading, enjoying those Northern Arizona sunsets... I guess the more apporopriate name would be an "internship." So that's where I've been the last 3 months, just livin the dream in Northern Arizona. I'm convinced that time spent at YoungLife camp is a little glimpse of what heaven is going to be like.


At the beginning of this year I kind of made a deal with myself. "Lauren, you are 21 now. It's time to start figuring out life." Broad statement, yes. However, that is exactly the journey I am finding myself on. Everyday God is revealing a little more "life" and I am quickly unveiling the different paths He has me on. So this summer I was committed to taking little leaps into areas where my life could possibly be headed. Internship at Lost Canyon: check. Checking out YoungLife Internationally: next stop.


Being home for the past 4 days has been a dream. Some much needed rest and much needed family/friend time has been had, but now it is time to pick up and head out one more time. I'm pretty sure I've packed a couple weeks worth of activities into 4 days, typical. 80s dance parties compliments of Dee, shopping, Tahoe, gym... all of the good stuff of course. Today is the last day I'll see Miss Annie for a year, as she heads off to France to study abroad for the year. Oh my little jet-setting friends :) I seriously have some gems as friends...

Tomorrow around this time I will be preparing to board a plane taking me all the way to Delhi, India. YoungLife has some friends down in Bangalore who are willing to host a small group of us and show us the ropes and allow us to be part of what God is doing there. I know a big adventure lies ahead and I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity. My friends Sabrina McCarley and Taylor Wrinkle will be along on the trip... quite the adventurous trio if I do say so myself. Stay tuned for stories of travel mishaps, adventure and surprise! Please pray for this trip as we head into some unknown, exciting circumstances!

I love you all dearly.






No comments:

Post a Comment